Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July

Happy Fourth of July!

This is my first Independence Day away from my kids. I know that my kids are going to have fun and enjoy whatever they do today. I can’t help to feel a little blue that I don’t get to enjoy their faces when they see the explosions of sparks that come from the little package that they just lit.

This is what I hate about being a divorced parent. I don’t like to share. I can miss Thanksgiving and even Christmas Day, but I really enjoy Halloween and the Fourth of July. Call me greedy or insensitive but I want to contribute to these memories that my kids are going to have during these holidays. I suppose a phone call with have to be suffice.

Today I plan on going to a friend’s house for a bar-b-que, a few drinks, and possibly a swim. It will be a good day. I plan on watching the big firework display. I still get in awe over the big firework shows.... I’m a loser.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe and memorable Fourth of July!

2 comments:

DoubleJ said...

There is nothing wrong with liking fireworks LOL. If there is, I am also a loser :). I watched the big display last weekend at the races and I even recorded it on my cellphone. Fireworks rule, especially the grand finale. Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!!!!!

MotherTucker said...

Ah, a fellow firework fan. :) It seriously amazes me how that little firework can can shoot into the air explode into a beautiful design of sparks and than change colors. How do they do it? It's almost like magic. Yup, that is why I love fireworks!