Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dear John...

This is the movie that I have been wanting to see since the previews started on TV. Who would have known that I would have trouble finding someone to go to the movie with me? I have had people bluntly tell me no and others that beat around the bush not wanting to hurt my feelings for not wanting to endure the 1:49 minute love story.

Who wouldn't want to see a classic Army love story? Well I finally talked some poor sucka to go with me.

John is on a two week leave visiting his father when he meets the girl. They spend every moment of those two weeks together and fall quickly in love. Regardless about knowing that John has to return to Germany at the end of the two weeks they decide that they can make their love survive while he finishes his twelve month commitment to the Army. They make promises that they will write all the time (and they do), and even though their love is true, obstacles have caused them not to be together at this time--regardless love is still there. Not going to tell the ending; however, the movie showed me I want love like that---if that exists.

After the movie finished I do the normal analyze the whole thing from start to finish. Compare it to parts of my life or pick out parts that make me go aww...now that is soo sweet, etc. The typical girl thing or maybe it is just me.

Anyway, I got a shock of a life time when I turned around and got asked to "make out" with the poor sucka that went to the movie with me---not once but twice! Before anyone gets too excited---they didn't realize that they asked me to "make out" with me. They meant to say "work out" with them. When I told them they should have bought my ticket into the movie if they wanted me to make out with them---they were more than embarrassed as they did not realize they asked not once but twice. Let's say it was funny and I never seen their face such a bright shade of red.

Needless to say I am glad to have made it to the movie and I guess now I am joining the gym.

1 comment:

Super Jason said...

who u go with? id make out with ya