Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Daydreaming

My question---Why does daydreaming get such a bad rap?

Is it because it is considered to be non-productive? Does it make the person a slacker?

I ask because I lately found myself daydreaming. I daydream of my wants, my needs, and life's possibilities. Although I believe that daydreaming is a natural human activity. I have came to the conclusion that I have been drifting off frequently to wherever it is that I go when I space off and think.

What is it that people daydream about? What does it mean? How often does a person daydream?

Well I don't know about the "normal" daydreamer but I can say I daydream about an array of things: work/school being finished, love, vacations, being in bed, good communication, my dreams, my wants, my needs, etc.

I believe that I daydream more now than what I have is because my job is boring and it gets me through the day. Now I am not complaining. I am thankful I have a job and I am even more thankful of the hours that I have because it allows me to spend the time that I want and need to be a mom to my kids.

I use daydreaming as more of a visualization of what my wants are--almost as daydreaming keeps me on track of what my goals are.

Now I am just rambling...

Next question that was asked to me "Heather, do you ever get tired of being nice?"

First off the short answer-- I love being nice. I'll put more thought on this question and hopefully have a detailed answer.

No comments: