Thursday, August 7, 2008

Winter is around the corner...


With school starting soon and summer coming to an end I decided it was time to find some of my winter pictures. These were taken last year during the big ice storm that kept us out of electricity for 5 days. Talk about bad luck for someone who still has a nightlight to sleep because she is afraid of the dark!

I believe winter is so beautiful; I love the ice on the trees and the untouched snow. Than comes the shoveling and well it is freakin cold. Last winter I attempted to sled and went over the retaining wall at my adopted mom's house, thankfully it was only about a 3-4 foot drop but I slid right into the doghouse. I was seriously sore for a week. This year I might sit on the sidelines....I doubt it!

I should get a toboggan so the kids and I can all fit on the one sled. Growing up we had a toboggan that fit about 5-6 people and I was forbidden to touch. It was my father's and he broke his leg on it when him and some friends attempted to sled and went off a steep wall, I believe. So of course that meant that I could not touch it growing up.

I was about 14 and I took that toboggan outside and climbed to the top of the hill we lived on and man that thing went fast. I got in trouble, obviously, for disobeying. I'm not even sure if my father still has it.

Hmm...I wonder where one would get a toboggan....any idea?

No comments: