Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Knee pads.....anyone?

Today was my last day at the mental health facility that I was at. It was a great clinical rotation and I learned a lot.

We played volleyball with a few patients today and well I must have thought I was back in high school, I dove for the ball...and hit it...but not thinking my knees hit the gym floor. They are all red and have skin abrasions. Small price to pay for what playing volleyball does for these patients. It gets them up moving, laughing, smiling and it helps with concentration and motor skills. Oh and it is fun!

Not a negative experience at all during mental health.

I still have 2 days of mental health left but that will be when I job shadow a mental health case manager next week. Sounds like it is an interesting job; you get to set your own hours, days off, etc. Hmm...and it deals with mental health...

2 comments:

Super Jason said...

knee pads huh? sounds like u had a good time playin volleyball. i challenge u to a game

MotherTucker said...

Of course I had fun. We can't play volleyball one on one. Anyway, you don't want to play me...I'm good.