Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Great surprise!

Today I was at work minding my own business. I was actually completing the paperwork for the discrepancies on the time studies (time cards for employees)that I have found. I have to compare travel time to mileage to make sure people are not stating it takes 50 minutes to drive 3 miles. I have to look and make sure that they are honest on how many miles from client A to client B. I also look to make sure that they are not asking to get paid for things like driving to the office at the start of the day or to lunch, etc. Well that is the basics but there are some more.

Anyway, that is what I was doing when someone walked in and handed me a gift bag that had a card, a book, and a lottery ticket! What a fantastic Tuesday surprise! The things that mean the most to me are the thought behind something. To bring me a gift for no reason means much more than one which (I hate to say it this way) "expected". Let me explain. I don't ever expect a gift, but I am meaning a time like a birthday, holiday, etc. Does that make sense?

Regardless the card is sitting on my desk and tonight I am going to start reading the book. The lottery ticket was not a winner--but it was still fun.

This unexpected, amazing surprise made me appreciate all the people in my life. I have great friends and great family.

1 comment:

Super Jason said...

aww.....someone has a admirer.....was not me so maybe they have a chance