Monday, September 20, 2010

Ice Cream---how is made?

I have a friend who has a very imaginative 5 year old. This 5 year old asks SO many questions---constantly! Not a big deal to me as I usually try to have some sort of answer that is suffice for the kid.

The conversation:

Child: "Heather, Heather, Heather!"
Me: "Yes. What do you you need?"
Child: "Where does ice cream come from?"
Me: "Do you want to know how ice cream is made?"
Child: "NO! I want to know where it comes from!"
Me: "Well it comes from a factory, where it is made."
Child: "No, it don't."
Me: "Well, it does, it is made with milk or cream, sugar, flavoring, and air. They mix it together and while it is freezing, they have a machine that keeps stirring it to get the air mixed in. That is how ice cream is made."
Child: "Nope! It is made from cows that have colds. Duh!"

Hmm...I guess I was wrong...

Don't get me wrong as I love a child's imagination. When I was little I lived in Sioux City which has the Sgt. Floyd Monument. It resembles a huge 'pencil'. I remember telling my mom that I knew where clouds came from and when she asked me where I told her that the "big pencil drew them in the sky". When Dalton was little he thought the same thing--and he had no clue of the story of me when I was little.

The imagination is a wonderful thing!

No comments: