Sunday, October 19, 2008

Number 11?

The kids and I just returned home a couple of hours ago from our trip across the state. I must say it ended up being one of the best trips that I made back home.

It didn't start off that way, in fact I was almost on the verge to turn around and come back but I only had 7 miles to go to make my way into Sioux City. My feelings got hurt and I, to say the least, got emotional. OKay, I was a cry baby.

We visited my dad, who went above and beyond what a dad/grandpa needed to do for this trip. I received my graduation presents--which are gorgeous and very thoughtful.

My sister and my kids and I enjoyed a nice breakfast together. We also wandered around Menards looking for 8 inch duct piping that comes in 5 foot sections.

I got to spend a couple of hours at the tattoo shop, which I might need to add--the rumor was correct--someone has new ink.

I ate jalapeno jelly, habanero pepper salsa, and some pretty awful dill pickle. Thanks Steve, it was all delicious but the dill pickles! Ha Ha!

We made a trip to the Ole Time Candy Shop where I picked up some TWIN BINGS and lots of other sweets.

I actually visited my Grandma--no the world is not coming to an end!

I seen some old friends from years ago and the family that means so much to me. I was even asked if I was planning on moving back to start a career up there in the near future. I was reminded that I am single so that can't be 'holding' me in Ottumwa.

Now I am planning on going back 'home' for Christmas...

3 comments:

Super Jason said...

i cant believe u got that tatoo. awesome!

MotherTucker said...

Jason, you didn't doubt my word of getting that tattoo, did you?

Super Jason said...

nope i never doubt u